PDA

View Full Version : Solved: VBA Identify Security Level

brorick
09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I am rewording my original question. If the user's security setting is set to high, or very high can I settup conditional formatting so they will see a message that will instruct them how to change the setting to medium. We have a number of people that are not computer savy and they will be using a workbook that contains macros. Most will not know how to change their security level setting.

Thanks in advance. :hi:

brorick
09-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I withdraw my question. I found a work around.

gnod
09-06-2006, 04:27 PM
can you tell us your workaround.. thanks..

brorick
09-07-2006, 05:29 AM
When I say workaround I mean it in the loosest sense. I decided to use an If statement in a cell with a message. This way the user could see the message and when a specific cell contained data then the message would no longer be visible. I made sure the message was in red font and at the top of my form. There are very specific cells that the user must enter information into and therefore I knew I could get the messag to disappear.

=IF(P10>0,"","Verify that your Excel Security setting is set to Medium prior to using this timesheet for the first time. Go to Tools, Macro, Security. Select Medium and click on the OK button. Close out of this worksheet and then reopen it. Select Enable Macros.")