PDA

View Full Version : Use of AutoFit

MWE
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
further to my post (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9436) about printing with merged cells, i.e., ensuring that printouts do not split merged cells contents between pages ...

The code I developed works well as long as the row heights are sufficient to accomodate the contents of the relevant cells. So, my code initially "autofits" the target rows. But this does not work all the time. I have noticed a similar inconsistency when I use the manual autofit. How does autofit impact screen display vs printed output?

mdmackillop
09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
In my experience, Excel is pretty poor if you're looking for a "high quality" formatted output. You may need to copy it into Word and sort it out in a table there.

MWE
09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
In my experience, Excel is pretty poor if you're looking for a "high quality" formatted output. You may need to copy it into Word and sort it out in a table there.Really high quality is not my goal, but I would like to format things so I make best use of paper (the output is 40+ Pages of 11x17). Interesting that you would suggest copying the content to Word. This actually started out as a Word table and was a mess to work with and print out. It is an order of magnitude easier to do in Excel.