PDA

View Full Version : "Unable to read file"

jungix
09-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I'm doing a cross post with something that I've written in mrexcel but no one seems to be able to help me there.

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=233129&highlight=

I have a huge issue with a workbook, I can't open it and I get the following error message "Unable to read file". The recovery then gives me the same error and closes Excel.

The file was working perfectly until yesterday, and an error may have occured while I was saving it the last time.

I have been able to recover the raw data, but I would like to recover my VBA code (modules, class modules and references as well). Do you know how to do this? Is there a free software that does this?

Does someone have already had this kind of issue? How were you able to recover your file?

Jungix

Simon Lloyd
09-15-2006, 11:23 PM
All i could suggest is that you look for a file that looks like the attached picture it may have been created before yours crashed, the random number given to the file will of course be different from the one i have supplied. If you do have a file like this, left click it once then hold down the shift key and right click once you then need to select Open With choose from list Excel, once opened save the file as the name you require, other than that i'm no expert so dont give up if my solution isn't an option to you!

Regards,
Simon

See attached