PDA

View Full Version : Solved: VBE Crashes While Editing Cond Fmting Macro

Cyberdude
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I have been writing a very complicated utility macro to add conditional formatting to all the cells in an array.

For the last two days I've been having a succession of VBE crashes while I'm editing. There are no errors according to the recovery system. I get no error messages. Oddly, a crash often happens when I've paused editing to think about this and that, so all I'm doing is staring at the screen.

I'm not having crashes when I'm editing other macros ... just the conditional formatting one. When I run the macro lately, it has been running to completion, but not quite accomplishing what I want.

It's really becoming a nuisance. Since there is no "apparent" error occurring, I can't ask for a solution. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this? I hate to think I'm the only one. :devil2:

Jacob Hilderbrand
09-23-2006, 06:06 PM
There is some corruption likely. Copy the text of the code to notepad and delete the module, save, close, re-open, add a new module and re-add the code.

Cyberdude
09-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Jake. I'll give it a try.
The poltergeist hasn't been as active today, but he's still there.

Imdabaum
09-28-2006, 09:23 AM
This is a little off topic but do the vba modules crash and become corrupt because of bad programming or is it completely random? I'm less inclined to think it is random because I have restarted this project 3 times since I started working and each time I get excited about finishing it and realeasing it to the masses... It crashes.