PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this in a macro?

igendreau
09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I've done a lot of VBA for Access, but none for Powerpoint. Would like to know if this is possible. I have a 30 slide powerpoint about our company. The only thing that changes about it is a couple places where specific client logos or names go, and we also customize the look and feel to our client. So there are all sorts of objects (lines, solid color filled square, rectangle with a gradient) that are all done in the client's color. I would love to be able to punch in a color and have a macro that goes through the 30 slides and puts that color, rather than having to go through the properties of each one every time. Can I do this with VBA for Powerpoint?

Brandtrock
09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome to VBAX igendreau.

This can be automated using VBA, try using the recorder to "step" through the changes (this will make identifying the exact lines, rectangles, etc. that are being changed a snap) you would need to make.

Once that is done, some additional automation steps could be employed (browsing for the file name of the client logo, selecting the colors, etc.).

HTH,