PDA

View Full Version : Need some VBA and Word help

trumba
10-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Hello people,

I need some help understanding and finishing an assignment that i have in VBA. I need to hand this assignment in tomorrow morning. It is a year old and i totally forgot about it.
I am not so Word savvy, in fact i'd rather use notepad or wordpad when writing something so please help me if possible, i am sure it would only take you two minutes or thereabouts to share some input.

The assignments are as follows;

1. Create a toolbar with your created macros. Insert a button for each macro. (I have created macros earlier)

2. Create a macro that can hide or show your own toolbar. Make a button in the standard toolbar for this macro.

3. Create a macro in Excel that can write the present date in the following format: 20 July 2000. Make a button in the existing toolbar for that macro with your own picture on the button. Add the macro in the menu under Insert, call it "Present Date".

The first two should be created in Word afaik and the macro should be saved in the document itself. Is this something that someone here could help me with ? I'd be very gratefull if so.

-Tia

mdmackillop
10-01-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi Tia,
I'm afraid that this is contrary to site policy
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq.php?faq=psting_faq_item#faq_hom_faq_item
If you get stuck with a specific aspect of your coding, we can give you some pointers, but we cannot do your assignment for you.
Regards
MD

trumba
10-01-2006, 03:18 AM
I am stuck :P I already did 90% of the assignment but can't figure out how to create a toolbar :(
I don't intend on bending any rules but if i could just get some help/pointers on where to start i'd be very gratefull.

mdmackillop
10-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Check Word Help for "Create a Custom Toolbar"

trumba
10-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Ok, gradually figured that one out, F1 is a lifesaver ! I still can't figure out the third one though, creating a submenu in the insert menu ?? Thanks for the pointers so far :doh:

trumba
10-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Nevermind, everything got way simpler once i fixed the security settings. Thanks for the hlep, and sorry for any inconveniences.

mdmackillop
10-01-2006, 05:10 AM
creating a submenu in the insert menu
Tools/Customise/Commands is the way to go.