PDA

View Full Version : Problem with addin

makako
10-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Recently I changed in my addin all calculations. I used to have tha option of calculate to automatic but loading data, etc. was taking too long o i decided to use calculation as manual. This way I use range(...).calculate and the loading data into a userform, etc. is way faster. The addin worked fine for a few days but suddenly Excel started to crash everytime i start call for the userform and asks me if i want to send the report or not. The problem is only when loading the userform and my most significant problem is that when running the code step by step works fine. Also i have tried to show in the status bar the "advance" of the code and apparently excel collapses just before the showing of the main userform after loading all data. Thanks. Any idea?

Zack Barresse
10-03-2006, 09:13 AM
If you can't get it [the erroneous behavior] to work when stepping through your code, try writing each line to an outside source, such as a text file, that way you have a record of what is actually happening that is NOT based on the application or any file thereof.

HTH

makako
10-03-2006, 02:07 PM
sorry, how do I do that?

mdmackillop
10-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Here's a sample from another question with the basic code and some monitoring code as suggested by FF. The monitoring code will write values or comments to a textfile C:\Testfile.txt