PDA

View Full Version : A security Problem in Hyperlinks

asingh
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I have a an Excel Spreadsheet, on which I have created some hyperlinks..using a basic concatenate function. Around 40 users use this. They click on the hyperlink and it takes them to a website. Now one user is getting an error when she clicks on the hyper link. She gets a message box " A security problem has occurred". The Internet Explorer also does not launch.

I am attaching a screenshot of the message box.

thanks and regards,

asingh

Erdin? E. Ka
10-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi,

Tools | Macro | Security... | Select Low or other options.

Your file should have some macros.

asingh
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Tools | Macro | Security... | Select Low or other options.

It is not an issue with the macros security. The error occurs only when a HYPERLINK is clicked. I have all ready set the Macro Security to LOW..but still the same problem..........

geekgirlau
10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Is there a chance that her security settings for IE differ from other users?

asingh
10-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I have checked that too...there is no problem with IE launching...I went to a blank excel Sheet and typed "www.google.com"....it automatically became an hyperlink..when I clicked it...a browser launched..and the site opened...for some reason the security error is happening when clicking on the sheet I send...and its not that the user does not have access to the website..which the hyper link activates. If the user goes to IE..and manually types the website...the site opens...........!

Just to mention...all the secuirty levels for IE....I have set to minimal levels...!
Anyone...any ideas....?