PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried creating a breakfast ordering spreadsheet??

badflyer
10-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Here is an idea for a good use for excel... A breakfast ordering system. Every Friday, a guy in my office goes around taking orders from about 30 people. He manually enters their order in a spreadsheet and enters the price in manually. He then collects the money from the people and then emails the order off to the catering firm. We are talking about sandwiches and various fillings here! Typing each order in takes him time every Friday morning. Would be a great idea to have a spreadsheet that can be accessed on the network, having a drop menu of the food available that will automatically calculate the total cost. Also a tick box (that only he can access) where he can check if the colleague has paid for his sandwich or not. Has anybody ever tried or done such a spreadsheet?

Charlize
10-06-2006, 01:12 AM
How many sandwiches may they order ? Have you got a pricelist per unit ?
- sheet for orders with name, sandwiches, no of sandwiches, price, paid
- sheet with names in it
- sheet with the pricelist per unit

There is a kb-article about sending the active sheet as body for an e-mail.

Charlize

badflyer
10-06-2006, 03:14 AM
They may order as many as they want..

Can add things like

Soft rolls ?2.00
Baguettes ?2.30
Sandwiches ?2.30

and then say 30p for an extra like mushrooms... All the options i guess can be put on a separate sheet.

Aussiebear
10-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Why not use a form for the ordering part ( which includes a method of identifying the person or room number, wanting this particular breakfast). Total order details per date can be on one sheet, and with the costs per item on another sheet

Ted

TrippyTom
10-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I started doing something similar for the people I work with because they order dinner every night. I ended up scrapping the whole project because it was more trouble than it was worth!

We had about the same number of people that would order, but they have about 20 different restaurants they order from. Just maintaining correct pricing was bad enough, not to mention the little details (extra salad dressing) that could affect the price total ... it was just not worth it to me.

Perhaps if it's just from ONE restaurant it wouldn't be so bad. But you might soon find you're asking for a lot more trouble than it's worth.