PDA

View Full Version : create a Groupwise message from Excel

avardaneg
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to create a Groupwise e-mail message from Excel. I found a very useful code written by Ken Puls that creates the message and automatically sends it to a pre-defined list, but what I need is to just create the message, populate it with the data stored in Excel and open it in a new window, so that the user can press the "Send" button. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have some experience with VBA in Excel but the Groupwise interface is really new to me. Thanks, Alex.

Ken Puls
10-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi there,

You mean this one?

I haven't tested this, but try replacing the following, (near the end)

'Send the message
On Error Resume Next
'Send method may fail if recipients don't resolve
.Send
DoEvents
On Error Goto 0

With this:
ogwApp.Visible = True
The main idea here is to remove the .Send portion and make sure that Groupwise becomes visible if it isn't already. I'm 100% not sure that Groupwise has a Visible property, but I'll try to give it a test tomorrow. If you get there before I do, though, please let me know.

avardaneg
10-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Ken, the "ogwApp.Visible = True" doesn't seem to be working, I'm getting a Run-time error 438 msg. In my case Groupwise will be usually opened by the time I'd need to run this code, so my idea is that the new msg would pop-up on the my screen in case I need to add some more information to the msg before sending it. I'll keep trying, let me know if you come up with something. Thanks for the help!

Ken Puls
10-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Weird...

You're right, no .Visible or .Show methods. It opens the application, but doesn't put it up front and centre. That worked for me, but I we'd need to fix that to make it work for you.

If you remove the .Send portion, though, it does just leave a copy in the drafts folder...

There must be a way to make the app visible though...