PDA

View Full Version : #Deleted

swilsher
10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I am having an issue with seeing #Deleted on some of the tables linked in an Access database. I am using Access 2002 and I am linked via ODBC to an Oracle database that runs our Lawson HR/Payroll software. On my computer all appears ok. On a computer across the office with the same setup as mine they see the #Deleted in each field when opening a table; i.e. the DeptCode table. What would cause this where one computer it works fine and on the next computer it des not?

Thanks,

Steve

Imdabaum
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Have you tried closing the table that the other computer is on and then opening it again so it can update? It may have happened because someone deleted a table item while the user had the table open.

swilsher
10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Have you tried closing the table that the other computer is on and then opening it again so it can update? It may have happened because someone deleted a table item while the user had the table open.

No this is an on-going problem. From my computer the table always opens fine and from the other computer it never opens without the #Deleted in each field.

Imdabaum
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Is the #Deleted showing up in every field or only certain ones? If they only show up in certain ones maybe there is a problem with her link that is holding on to partial data but missing other information. The only time I have ever seen the #Deleted text is when I delete data from a form while the table is open... Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

swilsher
10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
I am hopeful I have found the solution but it will have to wait until tomorrow. What I have found is that on the computers that are having this issue, they have an Oracle driver version different then the version I have on my computer.

I would have thought that one of the Information Services people would have verified the setup of computers in the department when the issue was discovered. I was also under the impression that everything is standardized in the organization.

So tomorrow I will see if I can obtain the updated driver, test it and if it works I can put solved on this message.