PDA

View Full Version : Solved: TreeView in Excel

britboimike
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi
I am new to this and have a worksheet with data and want to create a form which shows columns from the worksheet. I want this in a treeview mode but cant seem to work it out.

In worksheet:-
Columns A, K and T ( yes, columns are split)
Family A Parent 1 Child 1
Family A Parent 1 Child 2
Family A Parent 1 Child 3
Family B Parent 2 Child 4
Family B Parent 3 Child 5
Family B Parent 3 Child 6

in Form:-
(z) Family A ----- (y) Parent 1 ------- (x) Child 1
|---- (x) Child 2
|---- (x) Child 3
(z) Family B ------ (y) Parent 2 ------- (x) Child 4
|---(y) Parent 3 ------- (x) Child 5
|----(x) Child 6

when i select (z) then this subsequently selects (y)s and (x)s... If select (Y)s then this selects (x)'s etc

then once selecting a submit button which fills in Column B in the worksheet with "PROCESSED"

is this possible? I really appreciate the help.

thanks

Ken Puls
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi there,

I didn't quite get a read on how far you got with this. This article (http://puremis.net/excel/code/080.shtml) from Colo's site may be of help.

HTH,

britboimike
10-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Thanks for this, i found this already but seems pretty foreign. I'm still a newbie and learning basics right now. I havent started the main project except adding other forms and page setups, textboxes for adding and removing data to the worksheet.

The area i see struggles is showing data from worksheet in treeview then selecting to update the worksheet based on which ones are selected.

I just have a worksheet now and did populate a listbox but then realised the rowsource setting didnt accomodate seperate columns. This led to perhaps a Treeview would look funky.

Couldn't find any articles on how to get checkboxes in a tree since i might want to select several branches at one time.

confused?? i am :)

Thanks again