PDA

View Full Version : Auto Something for Row Height

MWE
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
this may seem pretty lame, but ...

When a cell contains more text than can be displayed for the current row height and word wrap is on for that cell, one can normally just select the row and double click on the lower edge of the row number and the row height will adjust to nicely display the contents of all cells in that row. The row height seems to be biased toward printing vs viewing on the screen, but that is minor. But the basic process does not work all the time. For some reason I do not understand, there are times when the only way to change the row height is to do it manually. None of the automatic features seem to work. :banghead:

Similarly, when VBA tries to automatically adjust row height for what ever is in that row, it works if it would have worked manually. But if it would not have worked manually, it does not work under VBA control.

What is going on here? :dunno Is there some cell or row property (perhaps something called PITA) the does not allow automatic adjustment of row height. I have not seen this problem with col width, but I use that much less frequently.

Thanks

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-27-2006, 11:44 AM
AutoFit will not work with Merged Cells.

MWE
10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
AutoFit will not work with Merged Cells.thanks for you reply. There are no merged cells.

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Can you post a file where it is not working?

Siiii
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I know this is an old post - but I have the same trouble and I haven't yet found a solution.

There are no merged cells in the row and the text in one column is wrapped and has several lines.

On some rows ONLY it seems to cut off the last line - when auto-height is selected/run. I thought it might be a hidden cell property.. I have tried changing v-align to top/mid/bottom but no change.

I then copied and pasted a cell that worked fine with auto-height over the one that doesn't work... then auto-height worked fine (with longer text content)!

I then copied the old cell text (into the formula bar) and it reverted back to cutting off the last line!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Siiii
04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I have since tried various things, including changing the text size - and it seems to work fine with other settings, I subsequently noticed that it is actually fine when printed and on print-preview...

So it appears that it is a sort of rendering issue/bug in Excel for viewing it on screen (btw I'm using 2010) - I just realized that due to the size of the spread sheet it is open at 80%, when this is changed to 100% zoom it appears ok.

I guess this is something a lot of people might not realize/have experienced? Or maybe just shared less...