Consulting

Thread: Excel Vista

VBAX Contributor
    Excel Vista

Hi, Im using the new excel and i have trouble with some formulas, LEFT, for example is not working, I cannot use my spreadsheets and other code in my userform, is there a library i should use?

What version of Excel 2007 are you using? Beta1, Beta2, Beta2 Tech Refresh or the RTM version that you would have got from an MSDN subscription?

And are you having issues with LEFT as a worksheet formula, or just in code?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Contributor

Okay, I'm not sure I'll be able to help you, as I don't have the plain Beta2 version installed (I'm using the RTM version.)

Having said that, can you post the offending code? Maybe someone else can come along who does have that version, or maybe you have a syntax error that is not Beta related at all.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Contributor
    im sure it is cause its running on 2003, the alert points exactly on the sentence :
    left(mystring,2)

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Running on 2003 or 2007? It's one or the other. Also, post your code and the exact error message received, along with pointing out any highlighted lines or special circumstances.

Zack, I think he's saying that it is working on 2003, but is not working on 2007.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Ah. I'd still like to see the code. Also, the OP should check the Left(), Left$(), Right(), Right$(), Mid() & Mid$() functions.

Mukako, it would also be nice to know what the value of "mystring" is when it fails.