Consulting

Thread: Screen Resolution

VBAX Contributor
    Screen Resolution

I have created a macro in excel for those of you who dont already know. I have a user form that runs on the screen. The problem iam facing is when i try to load the macro on different types of computer screens the userform does not remain the same size. Is there a way to correct form resolution in vba?. Or am i just dreaming?. If no, is there a way to get around it?. For example have my userform expand to the edjes of my excel sheet for example. Any suggestions would be helpful. Note: I dont want to change the user's screen resolution. But i'd like to resize my userform according to their screen resolution. Iam writing my macro in 1024x768 resolution. Also, when i resize my userform i'd like it to be almost or close to the legibility as my original screen.
    Last edited by pico; 11-24-2006 at 08:31 PM.

From our KB:
    Screen Resolution Check / Change
    Set your workbook to adjust to users screen resolution

I wouldn't recommend changing your users screen resolution either, but these should give you the ability to check the resolution that your users are using. From there, you need to resize the userform, and you can do this by adjusting the width and height properties of your userform.

If you need help with that portion, let us know.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Mentor
    [vba]For example have my userform expand to the edjes of my excel sheet for example. [/vba]
    Hello Pico. When faced with the same problem I've used the Zoom and "save as" for each resolution with an extra line in the form macro so that on close it brings back the zoom to 100% ...
    Thank you for your help

Try this one.
    Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
    Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
    With Application
    Me.Top = .Top
    Me.Left = .Left
    Me.Height = .Height
    Me.Width = .Width
    End With
    End Sub

VBAX Contributor
    Is there a way i can test my userforms for different resolutions? and has anyone tried resizing their userforms to the users excel window? If so what's the best resolution to have when developing your userforms so that when they are resized they maintain the same legibility.

your best bet here is in Kens post #2 in this thread...
    you will have to incorporate the two methods
    one checks the users screen resolution. You can use that feedback to use the second method in Kens post to adjust your userform size to their screen resolution....
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln