Consulting

Thread: Solved: Skip Blank Cells

Solved: Skip Blank Cells

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question... I've searched through the KB to no avail, and I don't know if this is even possible... it's going to be pretty hard to explain:

I have a combo box that is tied to a range of cells... but this list changes, based on the contents of another combo box. The list shows the people that are out for a particular department. The user can click the department combo box and select a different department, which will change the list, which changes what they view when they click on the first combo box that I mentioned.

Right now the combo box that lists the people out works fine, except that there are a lot of blank spots between people. So my goal is to get rid of those blank spots.

Is there a way for Column B to show only the contents of Column A that are not blank? If there is then I could tie the combo box to Column B and my problem would be solved.

Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem, or if this even makes sense... Thanks!

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    [VBA]
    Sub Macro1()
    Range("A:A").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Columns( _
    "B:B"), Unique:=True
    Columns("B:B").Select
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
    OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
    DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

End Sub
    [/VBA]this filters unique values in column A to column B then sorts them.

Hope it helps,
    Regards,
    Simon
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

I'll have to just tweak it so that it's executed on the change of the first combo box, but that should work perfectly. Thank you very much and consider this solved!