Consulting

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I have never met anyone who names their child Bob, it is a diminutive.

Site Admin
    The Princess
    I missed this thread until now. Thank GOD!
    Too funny, tho. I was rolling on the floor.
    What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?
    Yep. BOB.
    And XLGibbs....I never KNEW you were a friend of BILL's! Then you know that there's a BIG difference between you and God....God KNOWS he's not YOU!

~Anne Troy

state of confusion, but vacation in denial
    Wow. I mean woW.
    I missed this thread until now. Thank GOD!
    Too funny, tho. I was rolling on the floor.
    What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?
    Yep. BOB.
    And XLGibbs....I never KNEW you were a friend of BILL's! Then you know that there's a BIG difference between you and God....God KNOWS he's not YOU!

I never said I was THE god. Just that I was one. LOL
    If you have posted the same question at multiple forums, please read this IMPORTANT INFO.

Please use the thread tools to mark your thread Solved

Please review the Knowledge Base
    for samples and solutions , or to submit your own!

XLD - Totally agree. Although my mate is Canadian and he hates being referred to as American as it gets him tarred with the same septic brush.
    Last edited by aja; 09-10-2007 at 07:22 AM.

You have to be joking! I enjoy winding-up Yanks who take themselves too seriously.
    Watch out for friendly fire XLD!!

Over there they're taught that the US is the 3rd rock from the sun!

I kid! I love y'all!!!

VBAX Regular

That makes two Pete's (if I accept the nickname) in the "down under" manner of speaking.

Just as the discussion start about different places, I'm sure there are no differences between Queenland and Victoria isn't there Aussiebear?

Ah Aussiebear! Blessings to you.

That makes two Pete's (if I accept the nickname) in the "down under" manner of speaking.

Just as the discussion start about different places, I'm sure there are no differences between Queenland and Victoria isn't there Aussiebear?

Yes there is...... we can spell. Its QUEENSLAND...... not Queenland.

Victorians.... With the exception of GG and her family, I'd drown the first two million of you and shoot the rest....

(Hehehehehe.... that 'll give psionic something to chew over for a while)
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

VBAX Regular
    Unhappy sorry for the missing S

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiebear

Yes there is...... we can spell. Its QUEENSLAND...... not Queenland.

Victorians.... With the exception of GG and her family, I'd drown the first two million of you and shoot the rest....

(Hehehehehe.... that 'll give psionic something to chew over for a while)
    I do humble apologise for mis-spelling that. My fingers do get carried away when I am thinking about something else.

I am Collingwood Support for the AFL but sports doesn't really matter except that I do enjoy ten-pin bowling.

Cheers,
    Psionic.
    Last edited by psionic; 10-15-2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: forgot the S in Queensland

Abhijit from India. A Marketing professional. Total newbie to VBA.

VBAX Regular
    Hello from Denmark, Copenhagen! I'm also a complete nwebie to VBA, but I freaking love it!

VBAX Newbie
    hey! my name is memphis and i am new user to this forum........

VBAX Newbie

VBAX Regular

Hey all!

VBAX Newbie
    Hi, I'm new and looking forward to checking the site out and sharing. I'm probably a 6 out of 10 in skill level with VB. So glad to be here!
    David

Hi all,

I am a 26 year old german, currently living in Zürich Switzerland and working in the banking sector. The last two years i was working in consultancy and at a trading desk in Santiago de Chile in the area of market risk management especially concerning derivitives, hedge strategies and equity trading strategies.

I am passionate about minimal techno music production which i am doing as the age of 13, swimming, field hockey and travelling. I worked voluntarly abroad in Vietnam in the past and studied in the netherland.
    I started my new job hier in the biggest swiss bank just 2 month ago and i am really eager to learn about VBA programming as i am quite certain i can double my effeciency, once i am able to programm some basic stuff. I am very happy that forums like this exist nowadays and am eager to learn.

best regards,
    Paul

Hi all... I am gutted to find myself 8 years late for the opening discussion, it was great fun! Another Kiwi here, btw.
    "Not to worry, my Lord. The arrow didn't in fact, enter my body. No. By a thousand to one chance, my willy got in the way."

Hi everyone from Italy!

VBAX Contributor
    Wow. I almost stopped reading this thread when it turned into a back and forth amongst the admins and "Gurus". But I'll though my two cents in here.

My name is Dragon (yes, that is my real name). I currently live in Houston, TX USA (that's in America, xld). I served 13 years in what I refer to as "The Navy" but is more properly called the "US Navy". They forced me into using computers when I taught myself how to use MS Word ('98) to recreate a form we were using white-out on so we could make blank copies. Apparently being able to do that was all it took to be the IT. So I was forced to use computers, primarily Windows systems running Office. However, once I started I was hooked and have been trying to learn anything I could about them ever since.

After getting out of "The Navy" I started working in the Oil Industry (after a year of driving busses). It wasn't until working in this industry that I actually started using Excel for anything. I was always a big...stickler that if you weren't doing Math, then you were wasting the power of Excel. So I used Access for data and Word for documents, and since I was an instructor in the Navy for a while too, I got into using PowerPoint as well.

I tried going to college to learn more about computers. I've taken three separate degree programs (game and graphic design; Software Engineering; Software Development) at three different Universities (DeVry; Kaplan; University of Phoenix) and if I could combine all my credits I'm about 6 months from a Masters in something computer related.

But I can honestly say I have learned more about computers and programming (Java; Visual Basic; VBA) by just "playing" with them and either creating my own little projects (just to see if I could do it) or by having them assigned to me when my manager discovers I can do more than enter data in the little cells in Excel. Actually, I make sure they know so they will assign me little projects, I find the challenge to be fun.

As I said before, I currently live in Texas, but I have lived in 28 of the 50 US States and have been to all of them (including Hawaii and Alaska). I have also been to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, Palau, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Dubai, Germany, Romania, all around the "Continent" of South America (sorry xld, my favorite country down there was Columbia, Chile was nice though, went skiing in the Andes), Australia (I loved "Queenland" too). Currently I'm in Nigeria working on a project.

Sorry for sharing my Biography here, but I wanted to express that I have been around enough to know that places like this board are proof that the world is small and we all are neighbors and no matter where you're from or where you're going, you can come to a place like there where everyone speaks the same language...code.
    Thanks.

Lord Dragon

"Discovery consists not in seeking new lands, but in seeing with new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by LordDragon View Post
    Australia (I loved "Queenland" too).
    Perfectly understandable....

We have just had a few of your guys over at Shoalwater for a two week exercise.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link