Consulting

Thread: lucas

lucas

My name is Steve and I have become a vba addict, mostly because of this forum. I found myself reading every post and learning something every day.

I joined the forum in June of 94 and I'm still not the kind of coder that this board is known for but I am good at breaking things....I just kept hanging around so they now have me approving knowlegebase entries, which means trying to break them to make sure they work correctly.

I feel pretty humble about my credentials after reading Zack and Joseph's intro's. I'm basically an old, retired union pipefitter/welder who got to where it was just too hard to climb and do all the physical jobs that I made my living doing for 35 years so now I detail the structural steel for fabrication and erection on buildings such as Walgreen's, Walmart, restaurants, etc. using AutoCad.

Advantages are that I draw a pension and so I can take jobs at my own pace and turn them down if I want, also I get to work at home and I really like that after so many years on the road. Spent a little time out of country working as a construction coordinator between clients such as refineries and the many construction companies involved in their projects.

I have found the folks who come to this forum regularly to be most generous with their help and knowlege that I have ever encountered. This site is a rare gem on the internet.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

state of confusion, but vacation in denial
    I only know you from your post content and your dedication to keeping the site productive and a good learning experience. Happy to know more about you.

1994? I had no idea this site was around that long.

I will discuss the credential disparity when I formulate my intro later, as I know where you are coming from there!
    If you have posted the same question at multiple forums, please read this IMPORTANT INFO.

Please use the thread tools to mark your thread Solved

Please review the Knowledge Base
    for samples and solutions , or to submit your own!

Whoops Pete, thanks for proofreading my post....that should be 04.....

credentials.....I just try to kick in if I know a little something about it...if I'm too far off base someone always shows a better way....
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln