Consulting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Firearms

VBAX Regular
    First, I believe it is necessary to respect life! Not just our own, but our neighbors as well.

Selfdefense!!!
    How many times have any of you been threatened by anyone?
    Out of these, how many times were weapons involved?
    Of these weapons, how many were firearms?

I believe hunting was the way our forefathers supplied their families with food. So weapons have always been in society. And fighting have always been one way of trying to solve a problem (not and never the best way).
    And, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the idea of "the right to bear arms" is often misinterpreted or taken out of context. I believe that at the time when this right and privilege was instituted, there was no real lawenforcement that would and could protect each individual. (Did that right apply to other than white people at the time?) How many people really need to defend themselves with firearms or any other weapon for that matter?
    Those that really need defending are often the weakest groups in society. So how about letting children who are exposed to abuse, own guns. They really need to defend themselves. (Often against their own family). Yes? No?
    When do you have the right to defend yourself? When you get old enough? When the assault is lifethreatening? What is life?
    So, is there an excuse to bear arms, in any form? Search your own conscience - be honest, at least to your self)!

First of all I live in Stockton, California and it has an extremely high rate of crime ( Gang Related ) . My wife and I both took classes, she stayed long enough to learn the basics and I ended up running the Studio for 2 years.

I have been in a situation once where I had to use what I know and I subdued the person without hurting him. The beauty of the art I studied is you can handle a situation if you have to with or without violence. In this particular instance I was lucky. That was 8 years ago and I have never had to use it since. Knowing what I know makes you a lot more tolerable of what people say and do without letting anger take control. What ever the case, It beats using a gun.

Gary