Consulting

Thread: Solved: Combo Box Help

Solved: Combo Box Help

Hi i dont know why but i am not getting control tab when i am right clicking to combo box(I have attached screen shot of the same), is there way to get it the same or is there other way to add data to control box. I am trying following tip.

http://www.exceltip.com/exceltips.ph...nt_page&ID=300
    A mighty flame followeth a tiny sparkle!!

The controls are in design mode. Click on the button that is marked orange in the picture above (left top button in ActveX controls toolbar). That toggles active and design mode.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The more details you give, the easier it is to understand your question. Don't save the effort, tell us twice rather than not at all. The amount of info you give strongly influences the quality of answer, and also how fast you get it.

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Elliot, the problem is usually caused by Design Mode being deselected, you need to choose from the Menu Bar: View | Toolbars | Contol Toolbox and then click the design mode icon which is located to the top left of the controls toolbar.

Regards,
    Simon
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheHand
    The controls are in design mode. Click on the button that is marked orange in the picture above (left top button in ActveX controls toolbar). That toggles active and design mode.
    Dear Design mode is active thats why it is highlighted in orange!! There are generally five tabs, Size, protection, properties, control & web. But as shown in picture my combo box doesnt have control tab. So can any body tell me where is problem.

In the excel Tip link you posted in the first post in this thread reread step 2....it specifies to add the combobox from the forms toolbar. you have created your combobox from the vb control toolbox toolbar. Right click on any toolbar and make sure forms has a check next to it....select your combobox from that toolbar.....
    Step 2: Add a Combo Box to a worksheet
    1. Select one of the toolbars, right-click, and select the Forms toolbar.
    2. Copy the Combo Box by clicking the Combo Box icon, and then release the mouse. Create a rectangle with the mouse in the worksheet, and then release the mouse.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Bulls Eye Lucas, U hit the target. Thats y u r VBAX Master. This was really annoying me from long time. Thanks once again.