Consulting

Thread: Automate Replies

VBAX Regular
    Automate Replies

Hi all,

Is it possible to create an auto reply to all including the cc field in a incoming message, quoting in the body of the message that
    " I have received the email and is processing the query...."

In a normal working day, I will on average received about 60 to 70 emails from my clients on queries about their positions , status of their portfolios with me.

I would like to automate the initial responses to them with the above wordings until I have check on the final status. However, I don't want to response to all messages that come into my Inbox as some of them would be from my co-workers, managers and of course my boss. Is there a way around this? Can we do this in VBA?

Pls guide this newbie. Thanks in advance

Our Greatest Glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

There is great satisfaction in building good tools for others to use

It sounds like your situation would be ideal for using the Rules Wizard (Rules and Alerts under the Tools Menu).

Jon

VBAX Regular

Thanks. How do I set up and run the Rules Wizard for this? I have a look at the rules but can't find anything that tell me for what I wanted to do.

Appreciate if you could provide the info.

TIA
    Our Greatest Glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

There is great satisfaction in building good tools for others to use

Create a new mail message and compose how you want your reply. Go to File, Save As.. Save it as a Outlook template (.oft).

Go to Tools, Rules and Alerts. Click New Rule to start the Rules Wizard. Click Next.

Make sure "people or distribution list" is checked and click the "people or distribution list" hyperlink in the Step 2 box. This will bring up the email addresses in your Address Box or Contacts List. Select whoever you want this rule to apply to.

When you click Next, you need to select the Action to take. Check "reply using a specific template". You will then browse to and select the template you had created earlier.

Name the rule, and make sure that Apply this Rule is checked. Click Finish.

HTH,

Jon