Consulting

Thread: Solved: send email using outlook to diff people, diiff attachments and using diff email ids

Thumbs up Solved: send email using outlook to diff people, diiff attachments and using diff email ids

Hi Look into attached excel file there i have mentioned name of receipnt & attachment to be sent, and email id from where email is sent to them. Pls note that i have not configured oulook to send email after logging to yahoo or gmail or hotmail server. I want to send it through default user configured by outlook but i dont want receipent of email to come to know that email id.
    A mighty flame followeth a tiny sparkle!!

Site Admin
    Jedi Master
    Check out this kb entry to see how to send an email from Excel.

http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=97

Let me know if you need help editting it to suit your specific needs.

i dont want receipent of email to come to know that email id.
    Why?
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    I agree with Lucas - Why?, it all points to a spam sending excercise!, usually if the e-mail is legitimate you would not be opposed to the recipients knowing where its come from. I think you would be pretty much annoyed yourself recieving mails without having the senders ID!

Regards,
    Simon
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Thanks Simon for stating the obvious. I am dubious about the use of this idea...
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

U didnt got me correctly, actually i can not connect to any mail server from my office, so sending mail i have to use only official email id, that i dont want to use as i dont want receiver of email to come to know my official ID. And i know it is possible to send mail using different email ids. So whether this can b done or not??

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Sorry ExeclElliot, it doesn't matter how you cloak it, it still amounts to the possibility of spamming or "theft" or "fraudulent" use of other people e-mail addresses!

I for one cannot think of a single reason why you would want to hide your e-mail address from people you send mail to!

Regards,
    Simon
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Sorry ExeclElliot, it doesn't matter how you cloak it, it still amounts to the possibility of spamming or "theft" or "fraudulent" use of other people e-mail addresses!

I for one cannot think of a single reason why you would want to hide your e-mail address from people you send mail to!

Regards,
    Simon
    Would just like to back Simon up on this. Even if......your use might have some legitimacy......it should not be discussed here as others might use it for more sinister purposes.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

Ok Agreed Closing Tag here!!
    A mighty flame followeth a tiny sparkle!!

Thanks Excelliot....I was sure you would understand.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln