Consulting

Thread: Automatically run macro every 5 minutes

Automatically run macro every 5 minutes

I have searched the boards, but haven't been able to put anything together.

Regardless of where I am in the workbook or userform, I need to have a macro automatically run every 5 minutes and alert the user if certain conditions exist. for example

When an employee "starts" work, his emp code is entered and a record is made with name, emp code, start time. When he ends work, the record is completed with the end time. However, I need an alert to warn me when an employee has worked 10 hour or more. While I am working, I need the application to tell me that employee X has worked 10 hours.
    ttfn

Kicker

I have searched the boards, but haven't been able to put anything together.

Regardless of where I am in the workbook or userform, I need to have a macro automatically run every 5 minutes and alert the user if certain conditions exist. for example

When an employee "starts" work, his emp code is entered and a record is made with name, emp code, start time. When he ends work, the record is completed with the end time. However, I need an alert to warn me when an employee has worked 10 hour or more. While I am working, I need the application to tell me that employee X has worked 10 hours.
    Hi Kicker

Have a look at

Ontime

Look @ Chips site for a great write up.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm
    Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails