Hi Airborne,

I've just tested the code using the workbook you provided, and the code pulled from posts by DRJ and mdmackillop above (inlcluding md's change re the text vs textbox).

I'm running XL2003 on Win XP also, and the code fires for me just fine.

Just to check... (I tried to follow the thread, but there's a lot to read) You are firing this code from a workbook different than the one you attached here, with the attached version being the target that you're searching?

I have a few of questions for you on your target wb's:
-Are they created from a template, or do users create them on their own?
-How are you creating the textboxes in the sheets? (From Control toolbox or somewhere else?)
-What is your code supposed to do when it finds a match? Currently it seems to do a debug.print on the NEXT file in the list, but does nothing with the match
-FYI You also have a potential issue in that your code calls:
[vba] Do Until FileName = ""
On Error Resume Next
Set WB = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=Path & "\" & FileName, ReadOnly:=True, Password:="DRJWasHere")
On Error Goto 0
'Cannot Open Workbook
If WB Is Nothing Then
Goto NextLoop:

'More code here

NextLoop:
If Test = False Then WB.Close False
Set WB = Nothing
Set WS = Nothing
FileName = Dir()
Debug.Print FileName
Loop [/vba]

The issue is that if WB is nothing, you can't close it, so it will error out. This is also the section that led into the question about what's supposed to happen too. I would have expected to see the debug.print line above the set WB=nothing, but then again, I'm not really sure of what you're after.