Consulting

Thread: Mouse Icon over Cell Change

VBAX Expert
    Mouse Icon over Cell Change

Hi I have a Range of C2:C200 that I have a BeforeDoubleClick Script. When double clicked in cell It loads up a form with data. The only thing is these cells look normally like every other cell so the user won't know if double clicked it will bring up the form for editing. Is it Possible to say Range C2:C200 Or All C:C to have the "Pointing Finger Cursor" Is that possible.

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    AFAIK you can't do any "mouse movement" events within Excel - it only works when you actually select a cell.

Of course the obvious question is, why do they look the same? Why not distinguish that range of cells visibly in some way?

You can also use Data Validation to display a message - just set the input message to whatever you want to display, however this also works when you select the cell, not when the mouse moves over it.

VBAX Master
    Why not using a comment ? "Doubleclick here to see form ..." I believe there exists even a kb-article about showing the comment of a cell at a certain position (pe. A2). So every comment, when you hover over the cell, is displayed at that position.

Charlize

you CAN DO this, however as the above have indicated, why not just comment or highlight the range that this effects.
    Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails

VBAX Expert
    If Possible how can I make this happen. Otherwise I will go with the Highlight option.