Consulting

Thread: Solved: How do you use VBA in outlook

Solved: How do you use VBA in outlook

Hi

Never even considered VBA for outlook but have used it in excel a bit. Question is how do you get it to work in outlook. In excel I use the VBA toolbar to start the process. In my work copy of outlook I don't appear to have a vba toolbar.

Has this been disabled by the IT dept or is there another way to write and action the code?

Thanks for any info.

Jeff T

You might be setup similar to me. It lets me write code in Outlook, but for some strange reason, every time I log out and back in, VBA is disabled in Outlook, so the procedures I write only work one time and never again. It's so frustrating!
    Office 2010, Windows 7
    goal: to learn the most efficient way

VBAX Master
    alt+F11 to start editor. From time to time I click on the save button to save the project1. When I close Outlook, program asks about saving project1. Of course I say yes.

alt+F8 brings up screen with possible macro's to execute.

Charlize

TrippyTom - not sure if this is your problem otr not but what's your Macro Security level? (Tools|Macro|SecuritySecurity Level) If it's Very High or High, maybe this is your problem?

Good Luck!

Cheers,
    rrenis

Thanks for reminding me of this. It's set to HIGH. I think I checked this in the past and made my own signature file, but the next day it wasn't set again. Hopefully it was just a glitch. We will see if it resets the link to my signature tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.
    Office 2010, Windows 7
    goal: to learn the most efficient way

Thanks all I'll look at security and try alt F11 etc. If I can get the editor to work nodoubt I'll be back asking for help

Regards

Jeff T