Consulting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Solved: Setting using Personal workbook to store settings

VBAX Master
    The help menu is on a custom toolbar. I know where to set my defaults but the reason why I want to be able to set one setting = to another setting is I want to give my user the option not to show the form but if the form does show use those options. so can I save one setting = to another setting?

You're trying to run a routine where the form is optional. If the user elects to open the form, they'll use the forms settings. If they don't, then they use the defaults you provide? Either way, the form is closed before the routine continues?

Sorry, it's a little muddy, and I'd like to be clearer before I attempt to give you an answer on this.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Master

VBAX Master

What I'd do then, is set up some public variables. Set them to yoru defaults when you open your calling routine.

Then, the form can be optionally launched. If it is launched, you'll play with the registry settings how you were. When the form is closed, write the checkbox values to your public variables during the unload.

Voila! You should have what you need to continue on.

How does that sound?

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Master

I assumed that you got this portion working?

VBAX Master
    Sorry, yes I did I just didn't have time to post a thank you.