Consulting

Thread: Header Problem with "text CC F&B"

Header Problem with "text CC F&B"

I have a strange problem.

I?m trying to create a header. The function is triggered on the beforeprint event.

It is supposed to write the follwowing Text "Monatsbericht f?r CC F&B".
    I know that I have to put two &s to get one to be displayed.
    However if the line of code executes then I can find "Monatsbericht f?r CC F&F" in the header.

I recorded a macro to see what Excel does if I manually enter "Monatsbericht f?r CC F&B".
    This is the result: .LeftHeader = "&""MS Sans Serif,Fett""Monatsbericht f?r CC F&&A"
    It puts an A.

If I do the recording procedure but enter "Monatsbericht f?r CC F&A" Excel records: .LeftHeader = "&""MS Sans Serif,Fett""Monatsbericht f?r CC F&&N"

Can someone explain this behaviour to me?

As this code is transferred to many different worksheets where the Header will be created dynamically out of the filename I can not just hardcode the odd solution that Excel gives me.

I would be grateful for any help.

[VBA]Sub a()
    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
    .LeftHeader = "Monatsbericht f?r CC F&&B"
    End With
    End Sub[/VBA]
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Master
    Probably && because with & you can connect variables, codeline over multiple lines, ... (I guess)

Charlize

@lucas.

What language are you using? I guess an english one. I use a german one. A wild guess from my side would be that Excel is so smart and translates the &B which is used for bold to the german equivalent fett.

This results in F instead of B.

Now how can I avoid this?