Consulting

Thread: Dynamically Created Toolbar with Custom Icons are Blurry

Dynamically Created Toolbar with Custom Icons are Blurry

Hi - I'm creating a toolbar on the open event of an add-in, and I'm using icons that I have created. I can do it, but my question is, why are they so blurry? Same goes for the companion menu. Is there a way to create them that will make them sharper? Can I add them to a set from Microsoft and assign a number to them? Functionality is most important and it's working, but it's driving me nuts!
    Thanks!!

are they actual .ico files or are they bitmaps .bmp
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

They are bitmaps. Is there a way using .ico? I've never done those before...

I'm guessing that would help but you need special software....probably google for it...you can use visual basic if you have it.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    ICO or BMP, it is no different in sharpness. The important thing is to get a clear image within the picture pixel size, 64x64 max I think.

probably has something to do with the resolution..dpi also. I'm just throwing in suggestions.
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln