Consulting

Thread: How would I create or change an email account?

Question How would I create or change an email account?

Hello

How would I create or change an email account using vbscript or vba or similar?
    I have seen a few neat scripts on this forum, very cool.

My problem is that I would need to change my smtp and pop3 settings in my outlook email account, any idea how I would be able to do that with vba or vbscript or anything that could help me do it?
    I am able to load VB apps and so on...
    Last edited by westmatrix99; 06-07-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Question

Bump...

Can you please give me the best resources on how to code this vbscript and vba stuff?
    I am a studios person and not lazy.

If I can learn it, I will teach it.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Hmm I was holding off answering in case someone knew something I didn't but I don't think Outlook exposes this capability to VBA (could be wrong). If you open up the VBE from Outlook, Go to the help menu, then type "Outlook Object Model" you can look at the Object model from outlook. I didn't see anything there or in the object browser that looked promising. I do believe you can do it in .Net though you would need to research it.
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

Thank you
    I will have to keep searching for how to's.
    Cheers