Consulting

Thread: Solved: Rename object and code

Administrator
    Chat VP
    Solved: Rename object and code

I must be going mad (or is that madder?)...

In my previous incarnation of Win98 and Office 2000 I used to be able to right-click on objects such as buttons, listboxes etc and get a "Rename Control and Code" option which - if I used it - would replace the selected object named (say) "CommandButton1" with whatever name I chose and any code using "CommandButton1" would also be renamed/replaced accordingly.

In my current incarnation of new PC + WinXP and (still) Office 2000 I do not get this option at all - was this just a figment of my imagination or did I (without realizing it) have an addin on my other machine that did this for me?

Very puzzling to this little black duck...
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Administrator
    Issue resolved...

No I'm not so mad after all - I had Stephen Bullens VBE tools addin installed (just found and re-installed it)
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.