Consulting

Thread: What IS the purpose of "Design View"?

VBAX Regular
    What IS the purpose of "Design View"?

I have tried and tried and tried to figure out exactly what this does..... but I just can't figure it out. I must be totally missing something, but it seems to me as though I can do anything in normal view that i can do in design view. Am I just a complete tard, or does this really not do anything? Please don't laugh! :P lol.

Chad
    Office Version: 2000/2003
    Experience(Office): Amatuer
    Experience(VB): Veteran (Pre-VB6)
    Weakness: Formulae & New Object Properties
    Strengths: VB Syntax & Obscure Problem Solving

"Als slechts ik Nederlands was, zou ik kunnen begrijpen wat ik zei! Kunt u me helpen?"
    "Koekje iedereen?"

VBAX Master
    If you are talking about the blue set square on the Control Toolbox, this only applies to controls that you add to the worksheet - it allows you to change their properties.
    Regards,
    Rory

VBAX Master
    In design mode the macro's behind the buttons on a worksheet will not execute. You must be in normal mode.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    When in design view, if you double-click a control toolbox control, it either takes you to that control's event procedure, or if there isn't one, creates a skeleton event procedure for you and takes you to it.

You can also invoke the properties window for that control by right-clicking it, but as that then removes the properties window in the VBIDE (at least for me it does), I prefer not to do that but rather to go into the VBIDE and look in there.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Oh yes, you need to be in design view if you want to resize the object, or rename it.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber