Consulting

Thread: Save As path help

Save As path help

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me in making the following code direct the file to save in the following directory?

V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets

Public Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    If OptionButton1 = True Then
    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("B5").Value & ".xls"
    Unload Me
    End If
    If OptionButton2 = True Then
    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("B5").Value & ".xls"
    Sheets.PrintOut
    Unload Me
    End If
    End Sub
    Thanks in advance for your help

Public Sub CommandButton1_Click()
      dim FilePath as string
      FilePath = "V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets\"
    If OptionButton1 = True Then
    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs FilePath & Range("B5").Value & ".xls"
    Unload Me
    End If
    If OptionButton2 = True Then
    ThisWorkbook.SaveAs FilePath & Range("B5").Value & ".xls"
    Sheets.PrintOut
    Unload Me
    End If
    End Sub

I haven't tested it, but I think that should work...

HTH,
    Last edited by Ken Puls; 12-14-2004 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added the final slash in the file path
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    'Omitted.  Same as Ken's
    Although, if you are going to call this location from many different locations in one file (e.g. multiple Sub Routines, UserForms, etc.) you may want to think about declaring it as a Public Const and keeping it Global. This will save you the trouble of calling/Dim'ming it multiple times when once is sufficient.

Or a private constant (versus variable). E.g.,

Const FilePath  As String = "V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets\"
    Regards,
    Nate Oliver

I know that the "Const FilePath As String..." would be declared at the top of the module (just under Option Explicit), but before the first (public/private) Sub, but...

It would only work if the FilePath variable was called from a macro within that code module, correct? And declaring it public would allow it to be called from other modules within the same project?

Thanks,

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

The scope will change pending your declaration.

Procedural scope:

Sub tester()
    Const FilePath As String = "V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets\"
    MsgBox FilePath
    End Sub
    Modular Scope:

Private Const FilePath As String = "V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets\"

Sub tester()
    MsgBox FilePath
    End Sub
    Project-wide scope:

Public Const FilePath As String = "V:\B&E Ops Support\Billing And Enrollment\B&E National Unit\National & ASO Profile and COBRA Sheets\"

Sub tester()
    MsgBox FilePath
    End Sub
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Nate Oliver

Thanks everyone. Works great, as usual. This board really gives great advice. You can consider this SOLVED!!