Consulting

Thread: Help: How to make list value change with the source

Help: How to make list value change with the source

Hi all,

I'm using list in Data > Validation and my facing issue is that when ever I change the source the of the list. it still keep the old value.

Is there any other solution give the result as list, but can update when ever the source change?

thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by changing the source. Are you pointing it somewhere else or changing the data?
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Please find attachment for your information.

What Im looking for is:
    First I choose a value for B1 from dropdown list
    Then whenever I change value in cell G2:G6. the value in B1 must change accordingly

the reason why I have concern on this is: sometime I input some thing wrong in G2:G6 and need to correct it.

But whenever I change G2:G6, all the list which take it as source get cracked

I see what you are looking for I think. You want to change the values in the range and see the changes in the drop down. You can do it if you use a combobox from the forms toolbar. You have to hit enter even with it to see the change. See attached.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Lucas, that's what I am looking for