Consulting

Thread: Solved: parameter declaration issue

Solved: parameter declaration issue

Gents,

It seems that I've ran into a parameter handling issue that I've not learned yet, and haven't been able to find.... (Pretty novice .....)

I try to run a selection query that selects records that contain three parameters the user can select from combo boxes on a form.

The form is a continues form of this query.
    In the Query, I have the criteria set up as follows:

Like [Forms]![Changedata]![TxtDescription]
    Where the TxtDescription refers to the first combo box.
    (And so the two others.)
    The form also contains a button to activate the Query. However, when I activate it, I get the error: Too few parameters, expected 3

The code of the button starts with:

Dim Rschangedata As Recordset
    Set Rschangedata = CurrentDb.Openrecordset ("Changedata")

(Where Changedata is the name of the query)

The stupid thing is, when I write the SQL code into the VBA section of the form, it works the way it should, but I would like to use the query itself.

Can somebody help me with this???

Johan

VBAX Guru
    johan, are you putting the parameter in the Query's parameters or in the Criteria Row of the Query?
    Why are you using a Recordset for the Query rather than displaying the query or a form based on it?

I am putting the parameter in the criteria row of the query.

I use the recordset, because based on these three parameters, I select a specific record. Then I use the form also to make it possible to change other fields of this specific record.
    (The combination of these 3 parameters results by definition in one record.)