Consulting

Thread: Solved: scripts no longer working

Solved: scripts no longer working

Hi ppl,
    I made a simple script to do something when an email arrived in my inbox. It worked for about a day, but now when the script runs (via Rules and Alerts), it no longer does anything. At first I thought it was a syntax error somewhere, but I tried replacing the script with a simple line of code that pops up a messagebox

[vba]MsgBox "Test"[/vba]
    When it runs through the rules, it does all the other events within the rule (i.e. play a sound, mark as read, etc), but the script does not run. Why would it work one day and not the next ??? I'm so confused. I've never worked with VBA script in Outlook, although I am very experienced with VB code in general.

Please help

ok I've done a bit of research and figured out that it's a macro security issue. The reason it worked the first day, but not after that is because when I made the script, macros were already enabled in that outlook session. Once I closed and restarted Outlook, I guess Outlook detected a new macro and automatically disabled it because it was from an unknown publisher.

The only way that i have found to get around this problem is creating a self-signed digital certificate. To do this, follow the steps found here (remove the spaces in the first part of the URL):
    www . microsoft . com/technet/prodtechnol/office/office2000/maintain/security/vbamacro.mspx
    If anyone knows an easier or better way, please post it!!