G'Day to all.

My name is Peter Taylor and I am still living in a very interesting life in South-East of Melbourne, Victoria and <singing> Still call Australia, HOME!!!!

I suffered nerve deafness when I was ten months old so I learnt to wear hearing aids from the late 70's onwards. Talk about selective hearing when it works sometimes. My left ear is more deafer than my right.

Then 2 years ago I tried out the cochlear ear implant technology here in Melbourne (comes in two parts, the internal part is inserted by surgery into the inner ear and the external transmits the power from two AA's batteries with a signal representing sound from the outside environment).

For a while I had to re-learn the sound and what it meant to me. Then later the amount of power I need to hear couldn't be done. So guess what, I'm going digital. There is a digital component now on the cochlear market which wait for it... is backward capable for the internal software component I have for my thick skull (the audiologist words not mine!)

Anyway, this can explain why my fingers do alot of talking than my mouth saying it.

Back to the VBA topic, I learnt basic and advanced programming at TAFE as I didn't make the grade in Year 11 to UNI so I did a bridging course into Business Programming. This was done in the days where VAX mainframe machines is the mainframe and several old formatted Windows 3.1 Personal Computers. Internet was just an idea. Floppy disks are like conversations to the computer instead of USB ports. The database was DBASE+, Btrieve was the indexes we used and the financal program wasn't a popular treat then. WordPerfect was a good wordprocessor tool.

Mind you, I still like Amstrad CPC 8-bit computers games those days.

Then I got into University to learn more on what was covered in TAFE. I learned Visual Basic v5. This generated my interest in VBA at that time and slowly got more involved.

Then after Uni I got a job working with a telecommunication company called Telstra who I used my COBOL programming helping other people who do the programming. So I didn't do alot of programming but certainly helping other people.

Then the whole IT department was outsourced, so I joined an Amerian company who managed my role doing the same thing. Then few years later, outsourced internationally to India so I trained two Indian people here in Australia and they took my job with them and said good bye.

After that happened, my mother was diagnosed with breast, bone, liver cancer and passed away in a few months later. I took the role of being a carer for her while my father continued working to bring in the money.

This has motivated me to do caring for the people so I was lucky to find a job working in an Hospital that uses databases and Excel which I can use my VBA skills.

I'm engaged to be married for next year and good news she isn't deaf.

Thanks for listening,
Peter.

P.S. I took the name Psionic from the days when role-playing Dungeon and Dragons game was around then. As I like to think about things and all things of the mind and body.