Consulting

Thread: Solved: Run-time error 1004 ... What am I missing?

VBAX Regular
    Solved: Run-time error 1004 ... What am I missing?

Hi, Folks...

I'm trying to do what I thought would be a very simple macro - sort of the basis for something more complicated
    I'm planning, but of course I'm getting hung up on the first step. The following code produces the following error:

Run-time error 1004: Application-defined or Object-defined error

[vba]
    Sub Calculate_KPI()

Dim DataRow, QueryRow As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

DataRow = 2
    ScheduleRow = 2

Sheets("Query Results").Activate

Do Until Sheets("Data").Cells(DataRow, 1).Value = ""
    ' THIS IS IS THE LINE THE DEBUGGER POINTS TO AFTER ERROR:
    Sheets("Query Results").Cells(QueryRow, 1).Value = Sheets("Data").Cells(DataRow, 7).Value
    Sheets("Query Results").Cells(QueryRow, 2).Value = Sheets("Data").Cells(DataRow, 8).Value 'Order Number
    Sheets("Query Results").Cells(QueryRow, 3).Value = Sheets("Data").Cells(DataRow, 9).Value 'Order details

QueryRow = QueryRow + 1
    DataRow = DataRow + 1
    Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

[/vba]

All sheets are within the same workbook, and I've checked to see if all names match up, which I'm *pretty*
    sure they do - but you know how sometimes that can be missed... What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!!!

You don't give a value to QueryRow until here.
    [vba]QueryRow = QueryRow + 1 [/vba]
    So in the first iteration of the loop QueryRow will be 0 and last time I looked there wasn't a row 0 in Excel.

VBAX Regular
    LOL I knew it would be something that would embarrass me... I took this code from something else I was using, that's the one place I didn't change the name properly - if you look, ScheduleRow should have been QueryRow.

I promise, before I ask a question that will totally expose me as a dumbass, I'll quadruple check my references...ARG!!

Thank you!!!

No problem, we all make mistakes.

I've not fully examined your code but are you sure this couldn't be done in one go without a loop?

VBAX Regular
    It could as is, but I have to build some logic into it - I don't want all the values in the range, I'm going to have to pick and choose based on a few criteria. I could be wrong - really, I'm a novice - but I think the loop is the best way to go in this case. Am I wrong?