Consulting

Thread: Live Chat: Help test the new Chat Software!

Thumbs up Live Chat: Help test the new Chat Software!

Hello everybody,

As many of you are aware, we are currently evaluating new chat software. The time has finally come for a live test, and we?d like you to join us! We?re also excited to announce that our very own Dreamboat will be our ?unofficial guest of honour?! For any who don?t know, Dreamboat founded VBAExpress, is the author of ?Dreamboat on Word?, and is one of the most generous and funny people out there. It?ll be a huge amount of fun to be in the chat with her!

We do want to make it clear though, that this is not specifically a VBA chat, but rather more of a social event with the main purpose being to test all the features of the software before we commit to buying a full version. (Our next one will be full scale VBA stuff, we promise! ) What we?re after here is to get as many users as possible to run this software through a real life chat, and find out if it will meet our needs.

Oh! And by the way? since we?re using the basic version right now, we don?t get transcripts. If you want to know what?s going on, you?ll just HAVE to be there, as we can?t tell you after!

So, please join us, and see what this baby can do!

Logistics:
    Date: Saturday, January 22, 2005
    Duration: About 1 hour.
    Time:
    1:00 PM Pacific Time
    4:00 PM on the East Coast
    9:00 PM in London (GMT)
    10:00 PM in Stockholm, Sweden
    8:00 AM (the next day) for Sydney, Australia
    (if your time is not listed, please check the calendar for your exact time)

This event will be held in our own chat room, which is accessed by clicking the Chat link on the main navigation bar (between ?Member List? and ?Arcade?). (A picture has been attached.) Please DO NOT use the old chat software to try and meet us, or someone will make fun of you when you do get in because you weren?t following directions!

Basically, the only thing that we can?t do in this version is modify the text colour, and naturally the administrative commands won?t work for most of our users either. What we do want to see, though, is people creating subrooms, private messaging, and testing any features that they feel like. (Just please go easy on the profanity though, as we don?t want to offend anyone!)

For any who are keen to read up on the features, (this is voluntary, and definitely not required!) the Chat room instructions can be found here

The requirements to run the chat room software is essentially only to have Java installed? and preferably the latest version. To download the latest Java software (it is FREE), click here

I would HIGHLY recommend that you test the chat software before you attend, just to work out any kinks before the chat starts. It?s open 24-7, so you can pop in there right now to get started, just click here!

If you have any issues accessing the chat room at all, please Private Message me, and we?ll get it sorted out.

Hope to see you there!
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    The Princess
    and is one of the most generous and funny people out there. It?ll be a huge amount of fun to be in the chat with her!
    The check is in the mail, Ken.
    ~Anne Troy

Site Admin
    Jedi Master

Ken, I editted your pic because it was making your post stretch too far.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Sounds great Ken!! Though .. one thing you didn't cover - who's bringing the doughnuts??

Well, Zack, I've heard that you eat all the doughnuts at the meetings, so I figured that we'd just go BYOD this time!

Jake, thanks for the edit!

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    The Princess VBAX Guru Anne Troy's Avatar
    I've heard that you eat all the doughnuts at the meetings
    That's BEFORE the meetings...
    ~Anne Troy

That's BEFORE the meetings...
    Like... in the car on the way to the meeting?

Like... in the car on the way to the meeting?
    when you think about it - it is very gracious of him to eat them on the way... that way none of the rest of us will be tempted to eat them... when you think about - he is actually looking out for our health by doing it...

Life is like a jar of jalepenos... What you do with it today might burn your butt tomorrow....

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    That's right! I'm doing you all a favor!!

Aren't I a nice guy?

That's right! I'm doing you all a favor!!

Aren't I a nice guy?
    [whisper] hey Zack - i'm still waiting for that check to clear... [/whisper]

Life is like a jar of jalepenos... What you do with it today might burn your butt tomorrow....

VBAX Contributor
    Please join us, and see what this baby can do!
    Logistics:
    Date: Saturday, January 22, 2005
    Duration: About 1 hour.
    I hope to be there too!
    You cannot solve all the world's major problems using only potatoes. :- Adams

http://www.vbaexpress.com

I hope to be there too!
    Great! Hope to see you there!

well i know i wont be out dancing LOL... so i will try and be here!

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as for as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." Albert Einstein

Excellent, excellent! The more the merrier!

Uh... Nomi...? Did you get caught holding up the computer book store again?

lol never got the chance... i tore a bunch of ligaments in my right ankle just over a week ago... but that is definitely better than breaking it!

VBAX Regular
    lol never got the chance... i tore a bunch of ligaments in my right ankle just over a week ago... but that is definitely better than breaking it!
    I'd take a break over ligament damage any day. I've got serious ligament and cartilage damage in my left knee. So much so that I've got to be careful in lifting things cause it'll go out in an instant.

It's been this way for about 3 years now. I'm planning on getting the surgery within the next year or so, but it's never the same after ligament damage.

I can roll my leg around on my heel and you can hear the ligaments and cartilage just rolling around in it . . . uggh . . . nasty sound.

Hope you have a good recovery. LOL.

- Anthony

I'd take a break over ligament damage any day. I've got serious ligament and cartilage damage in my left knee. So much so that I've got to be careful in lifting things cause it'll go out in an instant.- Anthony
    i have discovered this as well... in the last week alone i have relived the original injury (to a smaller degree) at least three times...

i went out and bought one of those slip on ankle supports this weekend and plan to buy some high-top tennis shoes payday... if these do not help i will not be surprised if i dont end up breaking it in the end anyway...

the odd thing is that everytime i have reinjured my ankle i have been standing still and it just starts giving out...

i guess the computer/book stores around here are all safe for now LOL