Consulting

Thread: Custom Document Properties With Scripting.FileSystemObject

VBAX Regular
    Custom Document Properties With Scripting.FileSystemObject

Using a Scripting.FileSystemObject object, I am doing a "GetFile" to get a Microsoft Word file.

Can I access the Custom Document Properties without creating an instance of Word and opening the Document?

I know in Windows Explorer, you can right click on a Word Document and get it's Custom Document Properties WITHOUT opening the Word Document.

Thanks in advance!

VBAX Wizard
    "Can I access the Custom Document Properties without creating an instance of Word and opening the Document?"

What do you mean by "access"? You can test for values of CustomProperties, but you can not change them without opening the file, at least with FSO, and Application.FileSearch (if you are not using 2007).

You do not state what applicaion you are running this from. You state that you do not want an instance of Word. OK, that implies you are running this from some other Office application. You could perhaps post in that application forum. As it stands, this is not a Word question.

The short answer is, no you can not. However, you should probably check out using DSOfile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224351