Consulting

Thread: solver and excell 2007

solver and excell 2007

thanks to one and all, who have continued to help me in the last week or so. it's a steep VBA learning curve out there but i seem to be getting somewhere...slowly!

my problem today rears it's ugly head with the solver add-in that i continuously use on my wind-data.

so in my work sheet i've recorded a macro of what i do, then checked the vba code against other solver problems i've seen on the web to check its layout and correctness.

it seems to be fine, however when i run this code i'm getting the horrid yellow highlighter defining the whole sub with the message box that says:

"compile error: sub or function not defined"

however if i take ou the section which has the solver code in, then the macro works fine.

any theories on this one would be as always hugely appreciated

mark

VBAX Regular

have you added the Solver reference in visual basic? Go to VBE > Tools > References..., then make sure that SOLVER is checked.

Ondrej

Quote Originally Posted by Sowanso
    Hi Mark,

have you added the Solver reference in visual basic? Go to VBE > Tools > References..., then make sure that SOLVER is checked.

Ondrej
    i feel so silly as i read that in another thread, and thought that it meant the tools menu on excell... well i couldn't find it obviously cus it didn't exist!! and didn't think about VBA.

thankyou

mark