Consulting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Optimizing VBA

Site Admin
    Jedi Master
    Glad it worked for you. Now you just need to work on speeding up the other macros.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master

I must admit I would have never done that without help, thats for sure!
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master

I did as you suggested and it made my system faster.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by johnske
    If you dont already have it, click this link > ToniArts EasyCleaner then download and install EasyCleaner (it's free), then click "Unnecessary" and tick all the items in there - run it and delete all that's found. Then Click "Registry" and delete all the items found (dead links etc) in there. (It's amazing how much unnecessary junk can accumulate in your machine in just a few days, slowing it down and fragmenting the info on your hard-drive).

Now defrag...There are many defraggers around, the one I use personally is Diskeeper Lite (it's free also) - it's MUCH faster that the inbuilt one (Win97SE) and does a far better job. However I'm led to understand that Microsoft bought and uses the Diskeeper program in their latest versions of Windows so you may already have this installed...

After doing all this, try running the code again.

Regards,
    John
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org