Consulting

Thread: Solved: putting code on a sheet or module

VBAX Tutor
    Solved: putting code on a sheet or module

I have a sheet in a workbook called "Menu" where all the buttons sit for the user to perform the tasks they need.

When I put a button there and choose view code it opens the code window behind the worksheet "Menu" I have been putting all my code there

All the Excel VBA books I have read say the code should go in Modules.

Am I committing a cardinal sin? Will I burn in the eternal fires on VBA hell.

If I have to put all the code in a Module how can I get the buttons on the Menu sheet to look at the module rather than the code behind the sheet

VBAX Contributor
    You are putting them in a module - in the worksheet (class) module to be precise. You may find it useful to call subs/functions sat within a standard module from the worksheet module (eg in response to Events) as this then makes it easy for different sheets/objects to call the same code, but you haven't done anything horribly wrong

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Are those forms toolbar buttons on control toolbox buttons? If the latter, the click triggers a worksheet event, so the code needs to be in the worksheet code module. If the former, you just assign macros to that button, and they should be in a general code module.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber