Consulting

Thread: A little search help

A little search help

Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right, but I just can't seem to figure out how to make effective use of the search tools on this forum.

If anyone could give me some tips for how to get a concise, on-target return for what I'm looking for, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I prefer to find the answer myself, if I can, within this bountiful library of information, but when I enter search text, I get perhaps 250-300 threads returned. Most of them have nothing to do with my inquiry, and I just don't have time to sort through them.

Thanks......Ron
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Well... It's not really a direct answer to what you asked, but I have had pretty good luck by using google and just limiting the results to this site. You can do it from google's advanced search options or just by typing in a site argument in your search string.
    For example to search our site for "foo" enter:
    foo site:www.vbaexpress.com

Also on a totally unrelated note you might take a look at www.google.com/codesearch
    (Warning site assumes all search strings are regular expressions so don't forget your escape characters.)
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

Ron
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.