Consulting

Thread: Can Anyone Help?

Can Anyone Help?

Hi

I used to run a macro that was stored in a PERSONAL.xls file and everything was fine, now all of a sudden the PERSONAL.xls file has gone missing along with the macros. Also I now cannot create/record any macros at all. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to why or what I can do about it?

Many thanks

Alan

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Sounds like the VBA project/properties has been deleted, it usually means using the original disc to repair or re-install, try searching for an .xlb file, this is the base file for excel usually when you open this file it resets things like your toolbar etc........it's a shot in the dark but you never know!
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Thanks for that Simon

On a similar vain, on another PC I run macros and everything was fine until recently, I can run the macro but after 2 or 3 runs Excel closes down then retreives the files again. I run this macro all morning on stock orders that come in to me. Any thoughts?

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    It sounds like an issue with your memory, its possible that you are running autoback up and tracking changes plus any calculations or tasks excel is performing, it may all be a bit too much!
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)