Consulting

Thread: RoundDown value in Application.WorksheetFunction

RoundDown value in Application.WorksheetFunction

Hello VBA experts,
    I tried in vain to round down the floating point decimal to a whole number. In the active sheet, I have:

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1
    6 3 6 8 5 2 1

From Range("J1").Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6))
    I get the result of 4.285714286

I tried to use Round, Format, FormatNumber as follow to round the value to whole number, but both doesn't work:

If Range("K1") = Application.WorksheetFunction.Round(Format(Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6))) Then
    ... statement1

If Range("K1") = Application.WorksheetFunction.Format(Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6)),"##0") Then
    ... statement1
    or
    Application.WorksheetFunction.Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6)).NumberFormat = "##0"
    If Range("K1") = Application.WorksheetFunction.Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6)) Then
    ...statement1

I hope someone can give me a hand of how I can round it down to 4 ? Many many thanks.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

With Application
    Range("J1").Value = .RoundDown(.Average(Cells(1, 7).Offset(, -6).Resize(, 6)), 0)
    End With
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks Bob