Consulting

Thread: Creating Microsoft Project in Excel

Creating Microsoft Project in Excel

Hi everyone - does any one know how to go about implementing the following? Really not sure how to acheive this...

I want to have a spreadsheet similar in set up to Microsoft Project. For example the O's below represent the dates. I'd like to automatically shade a cell a certain colour (to create a milestone) if a date entered in Columns A to E correspond to a week in the date header in row 1. Conditional formatting would have been perfect but unfortunately it's limited to 3 and I'd need 5, and possibly more in the future.

ROW 1 |..|..|..|..|..|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O| and so on...
    ROW 2 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|O|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|..|O|..|O|..|..|..|..| and so on...
    ROW 3 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|..|O|..|O|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..| and so on...
    ROW 4 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|..|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|..|..|O|..| and so on...

I'm more interested in milestones as shown above rather than creating a fully functional gannt chart similar to that generated by MS Project -so I'm hoping it's possible.

Has anyone done anything similar or am I wasting my time trying to use excel?

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
    rrenis

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks XLD - that looks like a useful site

Cheers,
    rrenis.