Consulting

Thread: Advanced Form Design

Advanced Form Design

I have 2 questions:

Broadly:
    Is there some kind of resource or website (or book) that goes into specifics for advance form design?

More to the point:
    PPT gives you a list of the recently used character symbols (16 of them) but sometimes you need more than that, so I was thinking a symbol library addon would be kind of nice. Perhaps simulating the symbol library features of Adobe In-Design, for example.

Would this even be possible? And, if so, where should I start looking to research this kind of thing? I did a search on this site but didn't find anything, and I would like to see code so I can learn how it's done.
    Office 2010, Windows 7
    goal: to learn the most efficient way

VBAX Mentor

insert >>symbol
    this will list symbols

I appreciate your reply, but did you even read my post? I realize you can insert symbols from the menu, but as my post says, I want something more advanced. I was just asking to be pointed in the right direction for resources on advanced form design to get me started.
    Office 2010, Windows 7

VBAX Mentor
    I did read you post I thaught you wanted both.
    try googleing ms word special charictar insert , I remmember seeing somthing about adding more chars to the list(either in ms office suit 2003 book or online, can't remmber whitch one), you might want to look at reg edits for word

VBAX Master

I seem to have lost your email

I have a routine which takes an image of say 100 icons / symbols in an imagebox on a form and then determines which part of the image (ie which "icon") is clicked. As it stands it just returns a value but it could be adapted. If this would help just mail me Also I'm happy to give any specific help.

It also turns the mouse pointer to the hand icon when in a clickable region which is a useful trick.

john AT SIGN technologytrish.co.uk
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

I think that might help (thanks for the email). I was asking the broad question too because I've seen addins where people have a "preview" window in their form and wanted to know how they did it.

If there's a book or something on advanced form design, that's what I'm really after.
    Office 2010, Windows 7