Consulting

Thread: Load database values into Worksheet

VBAX Regular
    Load database values into Worksheet

Hi,

Can anybody tell me the best method to load or set values on my worksheet using VBA when I open the worksheet from scratch?

I have tried all sorts of initialisation but as I havent been working with VBA for a while I have not been able to do so. Im sure its simple but struggling on this one.

Many thanks in advance

JimFl78

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Can you give us an example of how you want the data laid out on the sheet and where is the data currently stored?
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

VBAX Regular
    At the moment I currently have a button that will load my database values into the worksheet. I have no porblem connecting to my database and retrieving and placing the values in the relevant cells.

However I would like the function to automatically load this when the excel sheet is first loaded. I am not sure how to do this.

Elements of my project

Sheet 1
    Module - this contains the events for my button click. I will need to place this code on the event like worksheet_load. However I have tried this without any luck. The problem is that I am trying to find the event that I can use to trigger the load once the project is opened and where this event code will exist in my project. Ie in the Sheet1 code or the module code ?

I hope this helps to clarify a bit more what I am trying to achieve.

VBAX Contributor
    Worksheet-level events don't trigger when a workbook opens. You need to use a Workbook-level event.

Use the "Workbook_Open" event; put it in the "ThisWorkbook" code pane.

[vba]Private Sub Workbook_Open()[/vba]