Consulting

Thread: Solved: Worksheet freezes up

Solved: Worksheet freezes up

Hello all
    Has anyone ever encountered a problem in excel where if you delete a row then excel freezes up. I have about 8 sheets in the workbook and can delete rows in all sheets except one. When I try to delete a row, even a row at the bottom of the sheet ie row 600 or 1000 etc.., then excel freezes up. I've restarted my computer but that didn't help. Very weird.
    I do have some VBA code that activates then any cells in the range of A1:Z8 is changed but that should cause things to freeze. I commented out this VBA code but the problem is still there. ??

did you try it to other pc so isolate your problem?
    can you post the code? or maybe you missed in other module of your file..

Thanks gnod for the input. I tried on my laptop and had the same error. I figured it out though. In the sheet I was having a problem with there were a couple _change macros (textbox1_change() and combobox1_change(). One of these called another macro in which I had the statement 'Application.ScreenUpdating = False'. So I guess when I deleted a row, it would trigger the two _change macros and in doing so that statement would run. When I took it out the problem went away.

thanks,